Monday 1 December 2014

Changes Made To My Short Film

When filming my short film this weekend, I made some slight changes regarding the different sequences in order to enhance my film and the micro-features within it. All these changes will be added to a newly updated storyboard very soon.

New shots I added:

  • Shot 2: A face-on wide shot ending in a medium shot which features the teenage girl walking along the pavement as she is texting her friend. It runs for 3 seconds.
  • Shot 3: A close-up of the phone to show the conversation between the girl and her friend. Her friend asks "hey, what you up to?" and the teenage girl replies: "I'm going to surprise my boyfriend at his house". This shot is used in order to give the audience context and it runs for 8 seconds. 
  • Shot 15: A face-on wide shot into a medium shot which shows the girl and boy walking away from the bench as they gently nudge in to one another, they are also laughing. This shot runs for 4 seconds. 
  • Shot 17: A wide shot of the boy pushing the girl on the swings to represent how he always looked after her. This shot will fade in after the wide shot of both the boy and girl swinging on the swings and it will run for 7 seconds.
  • Shot 18: A high angled medium-close up of the couple lying down next to one another, they have their eyes closed and are smiling to show they enjoy being in the company of one another. At the end of the shot, the girl will open her eyes and this will be immediately followed by the shot of her sitting on the bench alone to show that the boy is no longer there to be with her. This will run for 4 seconds. 
  • Shot 21: An establishing shot of the graveyard to inform the audience on the new environment and to help set the scene. This will run for 12 seconds. Due to adding this establishing shot, the final shot will no longer pan out to show the rest of the graveyard and will remain as a still, medium close up. 
Shots I removed from my short film:
  • I chose to remove the low angle and high angle shot of the boy and girl spinning around holding hands as when I tried it out, it did not look very effective at all and they may have ruined the tone of the film because it was extremely cliché. 
  • I also removed the medium shot of the couple walking off into the distance arm in arm because I believe that I have many shots that are very similar to this one so I did not want my film to seem repetitive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment